Our vision & beliefs.
We have an endless passion to invite people everywhere to discover, live, and give life in Jesus.
“We have an endless passion to invite people everywhere to discover, live, and give life in Jesus.”
This is our heartbeat. This unifies our community and motivates us to do whatever it takes and go wherever God leads. At its core, our vision answers the following questions:
Who are people everywhere?
This may sound broad, but at Lifegate, we believe we are called to be living “lifegates” through which Jesus’ love and life flow freely from us to everyone we meet, everywhere He leads us.
Discover Jesus in a real, relational way and not in a religious, ritualistic way so often associated with any organized religion. In discovering Jesus as our Savior and our loving Lord, we embark on a journey to live a spiritually abundant life in His Kingdom. This is orchestrated and empowered by His Spirit living in us.
How are we to live life in Jesus?
At Lifegate, we are called to live a life of continuous, spiritual growth together. Following Jesus is a life lived in community and not simply an individual process. This motivates us to work hard to ensure all we do is lived out in small, caring communities.
When you say give, do you mean money?
Actually, we mean more than money. We are talking about giving our lives away to someone and something much bigger than ourselves — a life of serving. That’s what Jesus called us to do as His followers. It starts with learning to love and serve each other and then to care for those who have yet to discover life in Jesus.
By life in Jesus, you mean salvation, right?
Yes, but we also mean so much more than salvation. Life in Jesus is a description of all the ways meeting Jesus in a real way begins to transform all aspects of our lives on earth and beyond. Salvation, yes, but that’s just the beginning — the gate if you will — to all God wants to do in us, for us and through us.
Our Statement of Belief
We believe in:
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons — the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament scriptures, which are the written Word of God — fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ — born of the virgin Mary, truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father; and his reign and mediation as the only Savior of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The church, as the body of Christ, given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and to love and serve one another. As a community, the church embraces the responsibility for proclaiming the gospel to all nations and of extending God’s loving purposes of justice and peace to all people through acts of sacrificial love and service.
- The provision in scripture for every believer, after conversion, to be baptized with the Holy Spirit, and that this empowering releases greater fruit, power and gifts of the Spirit in the believer. We affirm that all the spiritual gifts enumerated in the New Testament are for today and that not any one gift stands apart as the initial evidence of being baptized with the Spirit.
- The ordinances of believers’ baptism (with immersion being the form practiced at Lifegate Church) and the Lord’s Supper (as a remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death).
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfill the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgment, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost and establish a new heaven and new earth.